The most versitile rod I've ever used

Hey everybody this week I'm going to tell you about the most versatile rod I've ever used which is a Kistler KLX-SMMT70MH 7'0 medium heavy spinning rod. Over the weekend I went fishing on a heavy cold front at Lake Delavan. I started fishing fast throwing a Rapala DT 6 in a red craw dad pattern throwing it on Kistler Helium LTA 6'9 medium heavy apc casting rod. We were fishing about in 15 feet of water on a weed flat. After that I started fishing a little slower because we weren't getting a sniff throwing crankbaits. Then we started throwing a texas rig with a 5/16 tungsten bullet weight with a 3/0 owner flipping hook. And a Dirty sanchez Reaction Innovations sweet beaver. With that technique we would get a few bights here and there but they weren't committing to it. So I started fishing a little more finesse. So I picked my Kistler KLX spinning rod and started throwing a shaky head. And the first thing I noticed was that rod cast way better than any other rod I've used and not only that but I can feel the bottom. And then your going to get up better hook ratio especially if you use Zorro baits casting booza head shaker and the hook is lazer sharp on that thing. Using that technique we never got a bite. But on the graph I saw suspending bait fish so on the same exact rod I tied on a drop shot. I got a few bites but they were not committing to it either. So at the end of the day we had one fish caught on a windy point on a Spro little john crainkbait. I hope you guys learned something this week. You can find me on Instagram @mojobasskid, Facebook at Jeremy Pinkowski, and my YouTube channel mojobasskid. Fish on and I'll see you on the water.

Comments

Popular Posts