Summer Time Worm Fishing

Hey everybody this week I am be talking about two different worms with two different presentations for summer time fishing. The first presentation is a pegged 3/8 River2Sea Tungsten Bullet weight Texas Rig with a 3/0 EWG Trokar hook with Keitech Mad Wag. My go to color in this bait is Midnight Blue. My rod and line for this rig is a Kistler Custom Fishing rods Helium LTA 6'9 APC medium-heavy casting Rod with 15 pound SeaGuar invizx fluorocarbon. And the way I fish this is I hop it off the bottom and once it hits the bottom I will usually give three to four seconds on the bottom and then hop it again. But the way I fish depends on how the fish are reacting to it that day. And areas I will fish this time of year are main lake points, brush piles, and rock piles. When I am fishing the main lake points I like to fish the steep drop-offs because it is somewhere where bait fish can suspend and live safely, also on the piles I like to fish the tops of them. With fishing around suspending bait you allways have to beware of the fish hitting the bait on the fall. The second type of worm I like to throw is a drop shot with a 3/8oz River2Sea Tungsten Tear Drop weight and a Owner J-Light #1 hook. And then I use a Texas Rigged Tanooki Sports A1 Cosmic Swirl worm. The rod and line I use for this is a Kistler Custom Fishing Helium LTA 6'6 medium spinning rod with eight pound super slick power pro braid and a leader of six pound seaguar invizx. There is one difference in the way I fish this from the Texas rig is I drag it instead of hopping it. I also fish it in the same exact areas as the Texas rig. Fish on and I'll see you on the water.

Comments

Popular Posts