Door County Fishing

Hey everybody this week I am going to talk about my last trip to door county and what my three go to baits were. Most of the fish that we caught were in the post spawn stage. My first go to bait was a Stan Sloan's Zorro Bait Company Booza Head Shaker paired with a 3.6in Keitech Crazy Crawler in the watermelon red flake pattern. And I was fishing that on a 6'6 medium Kistler Helium lta spinning rod paired with 10 pound power pro super slick braid and a leader of 8 pound seaguar invizx. And the way I would fish this is I would hop it along the bottom on slack line so it would knock sand off the bottom and the bait would barely move. And when the fish would see the sand it would make come over to the bait and look at it. And with the strong squid smell from the keitech and the booza head shaker makes the bait stand up the fish has no choice but to eat it. My second go to bait was a drop shot with a 5/16 River2Sea tear drop tungsten weight and on top was a 3in keitech easy shiner in the Dark sculpin pattern and that was nose hooked by a #1 owner mosquito hook. And I fish that on the same setup as my booza head shaker. And the reason I was throwing this color was because the fish I was catching were throwing up gobies and the dark sculpin pattern is very similar to a goby. And my third go to bait was a Cruncher Baits 2 3/4in round goby tube and that was fished on a 7'0 medium heavy Kistler KLX Spinning Rod with the same line setup as my booza head shaker. And the reason I was throwing was the same reason as the drop shot the fish were throwing up gobies and the bait looks identical to gobies and gobies barely move on the bottom so what I do with my rod is twitch it on slack line to imitate the movement gobies make. Thanks for tuning in this week. And fish on and I'll see you on the water!

Comments

Popular Posts