On Saturday aftrnoon my Dad and I walk up to Lake Petersburg and the ice came off four days prior to that. The wind was blowing hard out of the South and we were fishing a North side piont throwing jerk baits. As time passed on Saturday the sun was really shinning. So I tied on a Gary Yamamoto 2 hook sexy shad jerk bait. I was using a five second cadence. Then I caught one a bout a pound. The next day was just as sunny so I tied on a RC STX black and silver jerk bait. That color has alot of shine and flash to it. I was fishing it with a six second cadence I caught one about a pound, I also caught a slaunch off it that was 5.75lb. Then it got around 12:30pm and we were fishing the North side bank throwing Gary Yamamoto sexy shad jerk baits. The fish were on a staging flats right off the North side bank. And the fish were just eating the jerk baits. Then on monday it was cloudy so I tied on a bone white RC STX jerk bait,and that color glows in the water so the fish can see it from a long distance away. The first cast I made with the jerkbait was off the North side point And I had a four pounder come up and choke the jerk bait. Over that time I was throwing my jerk baits on a 6'6 St. Croix Mojo Bass medium power jerk bait/topwater rod, with a Shimano Chronarch Reel with 12 pound Seaguar Invix line. I was also using a 6'9 St.Croix dropshot rod with a Abu Garcia Ora spinning reel with Suffix 832 12 pound line. I hoped you guys kearned something this week on jerkbait fishing and you can find me on Instagram @mojobasskid or on Facebook at Jeremy Pinkowski, I also have a Youtube channel at mojobasskid. I'll see you on the water and fish on.

Comments

Popular Posts