Fall Tube Fishing

Hey everybody this week I am going to talk about fall tube fishing and the tackle I use and the approach I take. The tube I start with is a Mizmo Big Boy tube in green pumpkin candy. One reason I start with that color is partially confidence but the other half is that where ever you in the country what ever time of year it is you can never go wrong with green pumpkin candy. And the reason I start with that big of a tube is for two reasons, the first reason is by logic the bait fish should be big and fat by the end of the year which is just what this tube represents, and the other reason is big baits attract big fish. And the way I will fish this bait is around shallow water but it has to be by deep water and the reason I make sure deep water is nearby is because the fish want to stay nearby their wintering areas. Some places to consider that are like that are main lake or river flats, shallow rock piles, edges of main lake shoals. Some of the ways you could fish that to really find out where the fish are is zig zag in and out from the shallow water to the deep water and pay attention where you get the most bites and then concentrate on those depths and elaborate off that information. If I am not getting bites on that tube I will switch to a Cruncher baits four inch tube in the shizz pattern, and the reason I will go to that tube is because it has slimmer profile to it and but is still the same length. And the way I fish both of these tubes is I will twitch the bait on slack line and just scoot the bait across the bottom. The jighead I will use for this is a Cruncher Baits diamond jig head. And the rod, reel, and line I use for this technique is a Kistler Custom Fishing Rods medium heavy 7'0 KLX spinning rod, with a 5:3:1 Abu Garcia Orra 3,000 size, and I use ten pound amber brown super slick power pro braid with a eight pound leader of seaguar invizx. Fish on and I'll see you on the water.

Comments

Popular Posts