Fishing In The One and Only Door County

Hey everybody this week I am going to talk about my recent fishing trips to Door County and how I caught my fish and what stage they were in. The first trip I took up there the fish were in late pre-spawn pattern and some fish were fanning beds. My bait of choice this time up was a Cruncher Baits 4in Tube in Green Lanturn color with their goby jig head. The reason I was throwing this bait is because these fish were laying in the sand and this bait was laying on the bottom, then this bait was right in their face. And the way I would fish this bait is I would twitch my rod multiples times to the side on slack so that the bait is not coming far off the bottom and is staying in the fishes faces. The fish I was catching on this tube were schooled up in about a foot and a half of water and were late pre-spawn males looking to fan out beds and every once in a while you would get a nice female out of the school. And the fish that we saw that were fanning beds were very spooky so that made them very hard to catch. The trip that we took last weekend up there most fish were guarding beds and the ones that weren't were fanning beds. This time my bait of choice was the still the same tube from last time and a Tanooki Sports Slurpi Worm in the watermelon color and the hook I use for this is a Owner Hooks #2 weed less wacky hook. And the reason I was throwing this bait is because the fish were not completely locked down on the bed so they were still a little spooky. So with throwing these baits I could fan cast in areas with fish that were bedding and cover water at the same time and not spook the fish as easily. The way I would fish the slurpi worm is I would cast it out and let it sink to the bottom and twitch and hop it off the bottom. But the key was not to fish it to fast. For these two techniques I would use the exact same setup a Kistler Custom Fishing Rods KLX 7'0 medium heavy spinning rod, with ten pound test power super slick braid with a leader of eight pound test SeaGuar Invizx. I will have all of my vlogs up to date on youtube by tomorrow night so. I hope you guys learned something this week. Fish on and I'll see you on the water.

Comments

Popular Posts