Fall Jig Fishing

Hey everybody today I am going to talk about fall jig fishing and the approach I take. The very first jig I will throw in the fall is a 1/2oz black and blue Stan Sloan's Zorro Bait Company Booza Brush Bug. And the reason I start with black and blue is because I really like the glow it puts off in the water and I also think it is really realistic. The areas I like to fish the jig in is laydown trees, brush piles, stumps, and boat docks. But one thing I make sure about all of those areas is there is deep water nearby. And the way I will fish the jig is I will pitch it over a limb or a stump or under a dock and I will just hop it really slow and what I like to call that is let the jig marinade in structure, and in other terms it means do not fish the bait to fast. And if the black and blue jig color is not working I will usually go to green pumpkin or I will change the jig trailer or go to a lighter jig. And the jig trailer I use is a three inch Keitech little spider in green pumpkin or bluegill, and I will modify the bait just a little bit and all I will do is trim the skirt off the top of the bait and just bit a little off the top of the bait. And then the rod, reel , and line I use is a 6'9 Kistler Custom Fishing Medium Heavy Helium LTA Casting, with a 7:1:1 Daiwa Tatula Casting, and 15lb Seaguar invizx Flurocarbon line. Fish on and I'll see you on the water.

Comments

Popular Posts